Fundación Tubacex is committed to training young people in order to promote their access to the job market. In collaboration with the Basque and Austrian Governments and diverse vocational training centers, it has promoted a four-year work-linked training model. 75% of the content of these programs is carried out at the work center while the other 25% is taught in the classrooms. They also include a year of international work experience at any of the Group plants in the USA, Italy, Austria or India, which completes and rounds off the training.
Since 2016 TUBACEX has launched three dual training programs specialized in:
- “Mechatronics” (2016)
- “Extrusion, Rolling and Forging” (2017)
- “Non-destructive Testing” (2018).
The dual training programs were consolidated at the beginning of the first international experience included in these programs. Two young trainees from the first Maintenance program traveled to Austria (SBER) to complete their training, rounding it off with a rewarding experience on both a professional and personal level.